The “What’s Your Story?” Internet Safety for Kids and Families the 2017 Art Competition
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The “What’s Your Story?” Internet Safety for Kids and Families, The 2017 Art Competition (the “Contest”) begins on September 16, 2017 and ends on January 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest Period consists of an entry period that begins at 12:00:00AM (GMT +8) on September 16, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59PM (GMT +8) on January 31, 2018. (the “Entry Period”), The final judging period will start on February 1, 2018 and ends on February 8, 2018 (the “Final Judging Period”). The Contest provides entrants with the opportunity to create a traditional/physical art work during the specified periods and dates on the topic of safe, responsible, and successful use of technology, and to submit the artwork for consideration on the same day the contest is held at each venue.
Eligible submissions will be posted online for others to view, like and comment, as more fully set forth below. By participating in the Contest, each entrant (and/or, if entrant is a Minor [as such term is defined below], such Minor’s parent or legal guardian) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Trend Micro Incorporated, (8/F The Rockwell Business Center Tower 2 Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1600) (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to three (3) categories of entrants (“Entrants”): (1) Primary School Students (Grades 1-7) (2) Secondary (Grades 8-12), and (3) Tertiary/College Students (Years 1-5).
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the Philippines who have not previously won a prize in this Contest in the past five (5) years.
Entrants must be currently enrolled in formal school or enlisted in alternative learning system from both private and public schools in the Philippines, registered with the DEPED or CHED. Entrants must be a bona fide student all throughout the contest period.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, entrants must be physically present at the caravan location that they are joining.
Entrants joining in the contest must complete the registration forms with the information requested on the day of the contest. All entries must be submitted at the end of the contest period on January 31, 2018.
The theme selected for the Contest is: “If you could change one thing about the internet, what would you change?” (“Theme”). Each Submission that is entered into the Contest must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any artwork that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
Limit one (1) entry only per Entrant. Submissions must be received by the end of the caravan location to be eligible for the Contest. No substitutions of Submissions with new versions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Submission is submitted for consideration.
All requested information on the contest must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Except otherwise stated in these Official Rules, personal information collected in connection with this Contest will be used in accordance with the privacy notice found on the Click Right! Facebook page and with the consent given by an entrant at the time of entry. Any communication or information transmitted to the Sponsor and/or the Click Right! Facebook page by electronic mail or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Submissions become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. PUBLIC VIEWING PERIOD AND JUDGING: Once the Submission is uploaded to the Click Right! Facebook page and approved by the Sponsor or its designee, it will be made available for viewing. During the Final Judging Period, representatives of the Promotion Entities (the “Judges”) will review the verified Finalists’ Submissions and score each entry using the following judging criteria: a) creativity (style, message delivery, execution, etc.) – 50%; b) appropriateness (on topic, etc.) – 25%; c) effectiveness (clarity of message, persuasiveness, etc.) – 25%.
The Potential Finalists will be announced in the official Click Right! Facebook page and will be contacted via email at the Sponsor’s discretion on or about February 18, 2018 and must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (the “Finalist Documents”) prior to being declared a Finalist. If a Potential Finalist fails or refuses to sign and return all Finalist Documents within three (3) days of notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the Potential Finalist may be disqualified and an alternate Potential Finalist may be selected. If any Potential Finalist does not respond within the time required by the Sponsor, or if the Potential Finalist notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any Potential Finalist, such Potential Finalist will forfeit his or her Finalist status and an alternate Potential Finalist may be selected. If any Potential Finalist is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines his/her status as a Finalist for any reason, such Potential Finalist will be disqualified and his/her status as a Finalist may be given to the next highest scoring Submission.
4. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant that enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows:
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Contest (or, if such entrant is a Minor, such Minor’s parent or legal guardian) grants to the Sponsor, and its respective designees, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to make use of the Submission and any person’s or other entity’s property (physical and personal and indicia) contained therein, in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party. The Sponsor reserves all rights, on a non-exclusive basis, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, record, alter, amend, edit, publish, publicly perform, use, broadcast and stream the Submission in connection with any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in any and all media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, for no additional consideration. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use the Submission in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose, including, without limitation, the promotion and/or marketing of Sponsor. Individual Entrants (or, if such entrant is a Minor, such Minor’s parent or legal guardian) forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights” (droit moral) now or hereafter recognized.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may have been given pursuant to any other agreement entered into between the Sponsor and any entrant in or winner of the Contest, each entrant (or, if such entrant is a Minor, such Minor’s parent or legal guardian) irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its designees and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information and Submission in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
PRIZES: Grand Prize is available for each entrant’s category (Primary, Secondary and Tertiary entrants) per caravan’s venue. The Grand Prize consists of PHP 20,000 each at Contest closing date (to be awarded in the form of a check to the winner).
7. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prize winners shall be solely responsible for any required or applicable federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The potential prize winners must execute a Prize Acceptance Form (“Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. In the event a winner is a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian must sign any required Prize Claim Documents on his/her behalf. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold a prize for any breach of the Official Rules.
8. GENERAL: Entrants (and in the case of a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf) agree that the Promotion Entities (a) except in respect of death or personal injury caused by negligence, shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. .The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Facebook page, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Submissions are received or the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated for any reason before the designated end date, the Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: The Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and the Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and contestants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
10. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If the Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments for the Submission or other documents as the Sponsor may reasonably require in order to accomplish the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each entrant or, if such entrant is a Minor, such Minor’s parent or legal guardian agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
12. WINNERS LIST: Contest Winner’s List shall be available on and after the second week of February 2018 on the Click Right! Facebook page. For all winners, your rewards may be claimed at the Trend Micro Office in your country. The address is as follows, and the winners are required to present a valid identification card upon claiming of their awards:
8th Floor, The Rockwell Business Center, Tower 2, Ortigas Avenue Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines.